From the 2021 Emerging Laboratory Managers Collaborative Conference (Recorded January 15, 2021)
Presented by Andrew Baughman, MHS, MLS(ASCP)
We will be analyzing seven individuals who were placed in a leadership position in the clinical laboratory within the past year. First, we will describe each of the candidate’s unique situations before they were promoted. We will review the traits that helped them to be placed in a leadership position. We will identify common obstacles that these individuals encountered. Finally, we will discuss how they were able to overcome their obstacles and excel in their new positions.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to
- Analyze seven individuals who were placed in a leadership position in the clinical laboratory.
- Describe a candidate’s unique situations when they are applying for leadership positions.
- Review the traits that help laboratorians to be placed in a leadership positions.
- Identify common obstacles that new laboratory leaders encounter.
- Discuss how new laboratory leaders are able to overcome their new obstacles.
This recorded presentation is P.A.C.E. ® accredited. The instruction level for this activity is Intermediate. One (1) P.A.C.E. ® contact hour and one (1) Florida credit hour in the area General/Admin will be awarded to participants. ASCLS P.A.C.E.® is accepted by the ASCP/ASCLS/AGT Board of Certification and all states, including Florida and California, as an approved provider of continuing education for recertification and licensure. ASCLS is an approved provider with CE Broker for Florida licensees.