the 2021 Joint Annual Meeting (recorded 6/29/2021)
Presented by Heather Alvarez, Eve Brunson-Pitt, Renee Ned-Syke and Yutong Xing
The highest-rated by peer review, ASCLS member-submitted research and case studies are presented:
- Evaluation of Verigene Enteric Pathogens Test in a Small Volume Laboratory
- Service Learning: Cultivating Student Engagement and Learning Retention
- CDC’s OneLab Network as a Unified Response to Continuing Education Needs
- Non-Secretor Status/FUT2 Gene Mutation: Effects on Bacterial Growth in Human Saliva (ESA Student Research Award Winner)
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe the problem, methods, outcomes and application of the presented research.
- Evaluate the laboratory's role in diagnosis and management of the cases presented.
ASCLS is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. One (1) P.A.C.E. ® contact hour and one (1) Florida credit hour in the area of General will be awarded to participants. ASCLS P.A.C.E.® is accepted by the ASCP/ASCLS/AGT Board of Certification and all states, including Florida and California, as an approved provider of continuing education for recertification and licensure. ASCLS is an approved provider with CE Broker for Florida licensees.
LEVEL OF INSTRUCTION
This intermediate-level program is appropriate for laboratory professionals working in clinical, public health and academic settings.