From the 2021 Joint Annual Meeting (recorded 6/30/2021)
Presented by Barbara Goodman, Ph.D and Leta Tribble, PhD
This session contains 2 presentations:
- Gordon Dewald Presentation: Where Do We Go from Here?
- Finding clinical cytogenetics and growing within the field: Look to opportunities as they arise. Choose those that intrigue or excite you the most, then just keep going
- GGC Outreach Education: Teaching Genetics, Inspiring Futures
- Through an informal science education outreach program to middle and high schools students in South Carolina, the Greenwood Genetic Center seeks to increase genetic literacy and introduce students to careers in the life sciences.
At the conclusion of these presentations, participants will be able to:
- Identify specific
areas of one's own personal and/or professional interest.
Determine how one might pursue these interests further by speaking to role models and mentors.
Summarize what requirements might be necessary to achieve one's goals, grow within their interest area(s) and mentor others.
- Describe the objectives of a science education outreach
Evaluate the effectiveness of the program
Identify areas for future expansion
ASCLS is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. One (1) P.A.C.E. ® contact hour and one (1) Florida credit hour in the area of General will be awarded to participants. ASCLS P.A.C.E.® is accepted by the ASCP/ASCLS/AGT Board of Certification and all states, including Florida and California, as an approved provider of continuing education for recertification and licensure. ASCLS is an approved provider with CE Broker for Florida licensees.
LEVEL OF INSTRUCTION
This basic-level program is appropriate for laboratory professionals working in clinical, public health and academic settings.