Rubrics are helpful tools for students and instructors. They communicate and clarify to students important components of assignments, which will help them to be successful and improve critical thinking. In this presentation you will learn about types of rubrics and design tips.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESUpon completion of this self-study course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the derivation of the word rubric.
- Explain a rubric in educational terms.
- Describe benefits of using rubrics as related to faculty.
- Describe benefits of using rubrics as related to students.
- Outline, in detail, the steps in creating a rubric.
- Differentiate between a Scoring Guide Rubric and a Leveled Rubric.
- Explain how to score a rubric.
- Discuss the purpose of a meta-rubric.
- Create a rubric.
- Evaluate a rubric.